The Kigali Genocide Memorial Remembrance & Learning Tours take you across Rwanda to visit important historical sites and memorials and meet with communities and policy leaders to learn about the 1994 Genocide against the Tutsi. The tours also visit post-genocide recovery initiatives and show how these are contributing to the development of the country. They provide visitors, students and teachers with a sense of the hope, peace and unity that exists in Rwanda today.
The tour packages range from a three-hour guided tour of the Kigali Genocide Memorial to multi-day countrywide tours to genocide memorials and discussions with community members and leaders. The tours include a combination of the following:
- Guided tour of the Kigali Genocide Memorial, other memorials in Kigali and across Rwanda and important historical monuments and sites such as the Parliament of Rwanda
- Visits to communities building peace through unity and reconciliation associations
- Discussions with survivors, perpetrators and rescuers, as well as national leaders
- Interactions with Rwandan university faculty members and students
- Meeting with young Rwandans building peace in their communities
- Tour of the Genocide Archive of Rwanda and meeting with the archiving team
The Kigali Genocide Memorial welcomes all group sizes. The tours are especially designed for students, teachers, researchers, academics and tourists. Tours are charged on a per person basis and proceeds support the remembrance and education activities of the memorial as well as survivor support programmes. Transport, accommodation and meals are also included in the tour as required.
The Kigali Genocide Memorial’s guides are highly experienced and dedicated to the cause of peace. They are fluent in English, French and Kinyarwanda and take great pride in ensuring visitors have a valuable and informative experience.
Read about one of our first tours here: Kigali Genocide Memorial launches Learning and Remembrance Tour in Rwanda’s Western Province
Contact email@example.com or call +250 786 063 886 for more information.