The audio guide is free.
$15 / Rwf 12,000
$15 / Rwf 12,000
East African Community:
$5 / Rwf 4,000
The Kigali Genocide Memorial offers guided tours of the exhibitions and gardens. Many of the guides are survivors of the Genocide against the Tutsi. You can book a guided tour here.
- 4-10 people – $100 or Rwf 80,000
- 11-15 people – $125 or Rwf 100,000
- 16-25 people – $150 or Rwf 120,000
- Students & East African Community – 50% off indicated prices
Filming & Photography
Visitors: $20 / Rwf 16,000
This price covers photography and video inside the memorial. It is free to take photos and video of the exterior grounds.
Please contact the memorial team to discuss prices for photography and filming. Please note that all professionals must be accredited by an appropriate Government of Rwanda institution.
Security at the memorial is provided by the Rwanda National Police. Officers are stationed at the entrance and occasionally patrol the grounds.
At the entrance of the memorial, you and your vehicle may be checked for dangerous items. Weapons, knives, lighters and alcohol are not allowed on the premises and will be returned to visitors when exiting the memorial.
If you would like to visit the memorial with a group, please book ahead of time using our online booking form. For groups larger than 15, please book one week before your visit. Due to space constraints at the memorial, groups larger than 30 will be divided into smaller groups.
If you are arranging a visit for a VIP, please contact the memorial staff in advance to inform us of the desired time to visit. This will ensure that we are able to make any preparations to accommodate them.
- The Kigali Genocide Memorial is the final resting place for more than 250,000 victims of the 1994 Genocide against the Tutsi. We kindly ask you to maintain a respectful behaviour and dress code.
- Do not step or walk on the mass graves.
- Eating or drinking is not allowed in the gardens or in the memorial exhibition. You are invited to visit the memorial cafe where you can enjoy a range of food and drink.
- Pets are not allowed at the memorial. Service animals are permitted.
- While we will do our best to accommodate you, the memorial cannot guarantee entry to groups that arrive more than 30 minutes after their scheduled reservation time.
- As you take photos, please be considerate of other visitors.